BNI is the most successful organization of its type in the world. This is a testament to the ability of BNI’s well defined structure in achieving results for members around the globe. And one of the reasons for this effectiveness is that BNI members adhere to a strict code of ethics.
When new members are inducted, they are asked to confirm their understanding and acceptance of this code of ethics by verbally repeating the six maxims in front of their peers.
Members agree to abide by the following standards:
1. I will provide the quality of services at the prices that I have quoted.
2. I will be truthful with the members and their referrals.
3. I will build goodwill and trust among members and their referrals.
4. I will take responsibility for following up on the referrals I receive.
5. I will display a positive and supportive attitude with BNI members.
6. I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession.
NOTE: Professional standards outlined in a formal code of ethics, supersede the above standards. (This means that a member belonging to a profession that has a more stringent standard must adhere to that standard. An example of this is the state bar association standards for attorneys licensed to practice law in that state. It should be noted that no professional standards outlined in a formal code of ethics may lower BNI ethical standards, or avoid compliance with BNI policies.)